What is Ghusl – Taking Major Ritual Birth?
Some thing we do every day? Yes! It is a birth of ritual purity in islam. Ghusl is made to purify the body from Dirt.
How much time and effort do you put into learning the correct manner of Ghusl, how consciously and how well you perform the Ghusl, shows your concern with the way you stand before Allah, because
Al-Ghusl Amana, Bainal Abdu, wa rabbihi. ( Ghusl is a trust between you and your lord, Allah.)
The importance of Ghusl.
- Minor Impurities:
caused by Urination, stool, wind, pre-seminal fluid, unusual menstrual flow, sleeping and fainting etc.
- Major Impurities:
caused as a result of;
- »JANNABAH(Sexual intercourse and ejaculation).
»HAYDH (Menstruation or Periods).
»NIFAAS (menstruation or blood flow after delivery of a new born baby).
How to Perform Ghusl (The Obligatory Aspect).
|Types of Ghusl Performance|
- NIYYAH (intention of purification) that you are taking this birth to purify your body out from the major ritual impurity.
- RISING MOUTH AND NOSE.
- POURING WATER ALL OVER ENTIRE BODY (at least once, and making sure it reach the Scalp).
When you are done with that, then you have purify your self from major ritual impurities. As for the
It is the Mustahab(what we love to do), and this is how Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, use to carry out his Ghusl.
- NIYYAH (intention of purification) that you want to purify yourself from the major impurity, then say;
- BISMILLAH (in the name of Allah).
- WASH HANDS THREE (3) TIMES.
- WASH PRIVATE PART (with left hand and anywhere else that is contaminated with traces of impurity) then make a,
- COMPLETE WUDHU (just like you use to do when you want to perform salaat) then pour,
- WATER OVER YOUR HEAD (at least three times, making sure it reach your scalp and the entire body).
Ghusl is pouring water all over the body, if you are wearing a ring, you have to move it or remove, if it is so tight.
Cosmetic items prevent water from reaching the skin, must be taking off.
|That is the Complete Etiquette of Ghusl.|
And also: The 40 Minor Signs Of The Day Of Judgement.